Sunday, May 21, 2006

VSS-5

Hi,

This is my fifth VSS (Very Short Story), Hope you liked the previous ones.
As usual comments and feedback invited.


============================

VSS-5

Let me tell u a piece of truth,
It wasnt my first visit.

Still I was shyer for two prominent reasons.
Firstly,
the one to one interaction with a total stranger in an abruptly lit
room is unsatisfying.
And secondly, I the client , had to sufficiently groom myself for the
success of the event.

Attempting to trace my requirements, a man takes me aside, carefully
opens an album and turns to page-7.

I stare.

The damsel on the page is attractive. Adorned with blakened eyebrows,
fair-skinned cheeks, she pleased my eyes instantly.
I needed this.
"40 for one" My neighbour quoted the price accented in a local dialect..!
I pretended to ignore.
"Do you have large ...." Rephrasing the interrogation wasnt necessary.
he smiled me right and flipped 3 pages.

The bargain ended soon and I was tiptoed to a semi-dark enclosure.

Succumbing to a chair, I tried to confident myself.
A voice mumbled, "Say Cheese"

====================================

8 Comments:

Blogger L said...

If still unclear , this concerns a photo session..!

12:48 AM  
Blogger qfunk said...

yeah,figured that outby the end. the subject treatment was unusual but very interesting

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nicely written. having so wild thoughts is nice. but the choice of the incident not so apealing.
a suggestion. its a bad idea to hide the surroundings and then unveiling at the end like a suspense.
try playing with human natures and attitudes in ur next vss :). i guess u must hav read o henry short stories.
keep writing.
-sirish-

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sat said...

nice try there with the twist-in-the-'tail' genre...but I find almost all blogs which feature short stories going in for this approach...

3:59 AM  
Blogger L said...

Hey Sathya, thanx fr the comment, well its the standard approach now, considering that u need to finish the plot in few words and also make it memorable.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

You take care dude!!!

and get well soon.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Full2 Faltu said...

I like your stories. Short and to the point. I have tried to write such short stories but can't.

I see you have not updated for a long time. You should write

Punds

11:35 AM  
Blogger Ankit said...

the mystery reveals itself, finally in the end, just like nolan's the dark knight rises \m/

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home